Monday, October 01, 2007

Visiting Baby Kirra

We've been out visiting Uncle Joshua, Aunt Trina and Baby Kirra. It has been fun to see little Joshua's reaction to and interaction with Kirra. He wasn't very interested at first and even came up to me when I was holding her and said, 'Mommy all done the baby.' But now he will bring her toys and blankets. We have to be careful though because he isn't very gentle and kind of 'chucks' them at her. He is not allowed to touch her. We did set that rule. He has been pointing out her features though, hands, feet, hair and today in the car we were working on opposites. I would ask him, 'Is baby Kirra awake or asleep?', "Are her eyes open or closed?" and he would answer.

He and Daddy and Uncle Joshua went to a fantastic park on Friday. They had a lot of fun. As soon as I can get the photos off of my camera I will upload a few. Joshua needs lots of time to let out energy and that has been a little challenge. We have been going for walks, going to the parks, running around in the backyard and playing with Gigi the dog.

Today, we went with Kirra and Aunt Trina to the library to pick up a few books. There are lots of storytimes so we will try and do one of those while we are here. We'll also probably try and go to the park we when to at Christmas when the ducks attacked us.

At the end of the week we are heading out to Grandma and Papa's house. Grandma is planning a birthday party for Joshua which I am sure he is going to love. He loves birthdays, the cake, the presents and especially the birthday song. I think that was one of the first songs he sang!

Everyone is napping but I need to get some work done so I will go for now. I'll keep you posted with pictures and stories as I can.

No comments: