Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Cute and Funny things the kids have done

So, Mira's experiment in sleeping in her crib didn't go too badly last night. She made it 'til around midnight before nursing and moving into her carseat in our room. Then around 4ish she came into bed with me. Tonight, I put her down in her crib around 9pm then swaddled her and shooshed her to sleep.

Mira has been pulling her feet up when rolling on her side. She likes to lay on her back, roll around and talk. She sticks her tongue out of the left side of her mouth and it is really silly looking. Tonight she grabbed her toes for the first time. Maybe they'll make it into her mouth soon!

While on an evening walk with the kids, Jason picked Joshua up because he was having trouble walking on his own two feet. He was holding Joshie cradled like a baby when Josh said, 'Don't squeeze me daddy, you'll make the milk come out of my belly button!'. We both just stopped in our tracks to laugh it was so unexpected.

The weather is cooler today than yesterday after a nice spring thunderstorm last night. I went with Christine, Yana and Val out strawberry picking. Josh picked about 10 berries and did a good job of it before wondering around the rows. I had Mira in a backpack on my back. The berries are great this year and prolific so it didn't take anytime at all to fill our baskets. I made freezer jam tonight and we'll have berries for pies and such, too.

No comments: