Wednesday, November 05, 2008

A good day at school

A couple weeks back now Joshua had a not so good day at preschool. His class was having a fire drill and he ran away from the group. His teacher had to shout very loudly, 'STOP' to get his attention. Since that day going to preschool has been a challenge. He was sad about his teacher yelling at him and was hesitant to return to school each school day.

Joshua had a Halloween party last Thursday that went really well and I was hopeful about school on Tuesday. He let me leave without a tear and when I returned both his teacher and the assistant praised his good behavior! It was fantastic news to hear. He was even sent home with an, 'I had a wonderful day at school' note. I believe that Joshua will outgrow his shyness and difficulty in social situations. I think that experiences like this one, where his is uncomfortable but reassured that his is still well liked, will help him grow. I am so proud!

Congratulations to Mr. Obama! What a historic day for our country. I am eager to see what lies ahead.

No comments: