Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Sickness

Mira had her 9 mos checkup today. She weighed in at 18 lb (50%) and 26 inches (10-15%) The Dr. commented that she had really thinned out and I pointed out that it was probably because she was walking. She just shook her head at my crazy early walking children. In every way Mira is doing great and the Dr. was pleased with her development.

I kept Joshua out of school today due to his ongoing sickness and had him checked out as well. The Dr. diagnosed either bronchitis or pnuemonia and rather than have him (US) suffer through an x-ray, sent him home with antibiotics that should take care of either and a prescription for using his nebulizer 2x a day. I also talked to her at length about his extreme shyness. She recommended that he see a pediatric behavioral psychologist and we are going to look into doing so. Even if, as she pointed out, it is only to give us new skills to help him in difficult situations. She didn't think that taking him out of preschool was a good solution. I am going to talk to his preschool teacher still but I tend to agree. He likes going to school, I think he needs that kind of interaction or we will not be addressing the issue. So we will see.

Now it is on to naps and such. I hope that Joshua takes another 3 hour nap like he did yesterday. He truly needs it!

No comments: