Friday, March 12, 2010

so many details

there is just so much that goes on in our every day activities. So many funny things that the kids say or little moments. And I know when they happen they are so wonderful and I will never remember them as much as I want to. Sometimes I wish I could just have a video of everything, every moment and phrase and milestone to enjoy when I can totally pay attention to it. But I guess then I would be missing what was going on at that moment if I was always looking at the past.

Here are the highlights:
I forgot to mention that Mira has a slight heart murmur. The dr. picked up on at at her exam last week and said it is most likely a child hood thing she will grown out of.

I cut her hair for the first time this week. She now has bangs. The rest is the same but hopefully this will keep her hair out of her eyes or as Mira says, 'No ya my eye'.

Mira says her own name now.

Evelyn sits well and plays with her toys. She reaches and rakes things into her area. You can just plop her down and she'll hang out in the straddle leg position for quite some time.

Joshua had parent-teacher conference today and the teachers were so excited with his progress. They said that in the last two months they have really seen a change with his classroom behavior and how he interacts with the other children. He has friends at school that he plays with and talks about. He is initiating play with those friends and it is all very exciting.

We are looking forward to Grandma and Papa coming into town next week and the kids are counting down the days.

Today we went shopping with a gift card to Toys R Us that Evelyn received when she was born. We had SO much fun. The kids didn't go crazy in the store and the whole trip went better than I had expected. There were things that I wanted/needed for Evie so I picked those out first and then I told Josh and Mira that they could also pick something for about $10. Mira picked out a kite and a Play Mobile princess set with a carrying case. Joshua picked a Lego Atlantis crab and a foam rocket launcher. Joshua found many, many things he wanted but was thrilled with is choices and couldn't wait to show daddy. Mira was very specific in her choices but when she saw what she wanted she latched on. It was neat to watch how they approached the situation differently.

I made cream of carrot soup tonight. All the kids ate it and liked it, including Evelyn whom I think had the most of any of them! She has tried lots of foods now including oatmeal, pears, bananas and rice cereal most recently.

No comments: