Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Gone Fishing

We took the kids to fish last Saturday. It was a hit. Only daddy was brave enough to bait the hook with worms. I was very happy when we figured out that a cookie on the hook lasted longer than a worm. We caught two fish and Joshua was thrilled. The funny part was that he got a bit bored with the casting and the pole and asked, 'Hey, Daddy, why don't we just grab the fish.' I'd like to see that!

All the kids have had a cold this weekend and into the week. Mira spiked the highest fever but Joshua had a cough. They are all on the mend now. Thank goodness!

Evelyn is pulling up and standing next to furniture. She crawled over when I was giving Mira a bath and surprised me when I looked over to see her standing next to the tub. :-) She is eating feeding herself cereal bites and bits of sweet potato. She is still a tall, chunky girl. It is fun to see her progress!

Mira is an obstinate, demanding, charming, smiley, screaming two year old. She is like a waking advertisement for bi-polar medication. Ah, to be two. She says and does the cutest things and then turns around and acts possessed. Right now, she is sitting on my lap eating my breakfast for me. I love the snuggle time but would also enjoy my own food!

No comments: