Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Walking and Summer Adventures

Evie is popping up and sitting down, taking steps and getting all around. The most she has walked in a row now is 7 steps but she is really trying and REALLY wants to be down moving by herself. I guess it is time to go get shoes that fit her. Mira's shoes are too small for her I think she is a 4.5 or so but I have not measured.

Mira has been fighting a cold and has not been eating well the past several days. She is tired and irritable. I am to the point that if she doesn't start eating well soon she'll be on an ice cream diet just to get more calories in her. Maybe I will make yogurt tonight so that she will have some good food to eat... Even in her sickness she is supremely adorable. She has been asking for ponytails. So I put her curly top hair into two little bouncy pony tails. She is just so darned cute I could eat her up!

Joshua had his first sleep over away from home without Mommy and Daddy after Evelyn's birthday party on Saturday. He went home with MeMaw and Grandad and fell asleep on the drive home in the back of the car with Nanny. He stayed Saturday and Sunday nights and I picked him up on Monday afternoon. From all accounts he was very well behaved and had a lot of fun. They went to lunch on Sunday after going to church. They played with his cousins, swam, went fishing, read books, watched movies and had an all around great time. He even slept in a tent inside the house. He loved that!

He continues to be very interested in bugs. Tonight we spotted green horned worms on my tomato plants. Not only that but some other bug had laid eggs on two of the caterpillars. He explained that it was a wasp that laid the eggs and when the eggs hatch the babies will eat the caterpillar. We had learned that information in the DK Bug book that he reads over and over again. So we explored the horned worms for a while before I took care of them. Can't have them eating my tomato plants!! Earlier today we had a visit from Stephanie, Noella and Tia Amy. The kids played outside, we ate lunch and then we all went to the pool. I think the children are pretty much worn out today!

No comments: