Friday, February 18, 2011

A warm day in February

I have been neglecting my blogging here and I am going to make an effort to jump back into it.

This week has given us a lot of beautiful, warm weather. So in spite of the muddy, mucky mess that we have outside due to the snow melting, I've been trying to get the kids out as much as possible. Every other house on the street has no snow left but we still look like we live in Antarctica because of the lack of sun at our house. Even up to early this week Josh was taking the sled out in this backyard and using the louge to speed down the hill.

Yesterday was THE day though. We went out for a 'walk' in the morning, rode bikes and spent time with our neighbors, then when I went out for work, the kids played with the sitter outside and when I came home I took them to the park downtown. They all had circles under their eyes from so much fresh air but it was much needed.

Joshua is on a streak of saying adorable things. Here are just two from this last week:
2/12/11 - Josh - First there were the dinosaurs, then the Indians, then the Indian women had babies and then they made movies.

2/15/11 - Josh - (speaking of a cross necklace) - Put this on your heart, I filled it with love.

Evelyn is starting to express her opinion with tantrums. The are brief fits of unpleasantness but I can see that she is heading in the direction of the terrible twos. Still for the most part she is a sweet little thing. Unfortunately it was Evie we trapped and not a mouse in the spring trap we had in the garage yesterday, ouch!

Mira's behaviour is evening out a bit had she tends to improve with Joshua. So if he is well behaved, she is, too. Tomorrow is her big 3 year old birthday party. Her birthday DAY was Tuesday but she doesn't know it. Daddy was not home so we decided to wait til the weekend to celebrate. Her Aunts were so kind to called and wish her a happy day. Her response? "My birthday is SATURDAY!"

No comments: