Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Surprise!

We are preparing for our annual beach trek. I plopped Mira in the living room, which is baby proofed and ran out to the car to unload one more bag. When I came back in she was STANDING at the big chair, holding on of course. But, what a surprise! Joshua did this at 6 mos and I thought that was early. Mira has been crawling for a month now so I thought she wouldn't need to walk or stand early but I guess I was wrong :-( So, Mira is just under 7 months and following in Joshua's foot steps. Her 2nd tooth is right under the surface, I can see it but it hasn't cut through yet, probably today or tomorrow it will.

Joshua had his 3rd day of school today and learned "Hickory, dickory, dock" and the number 1. He did not have any problems going into the classroom although several of the other children did. He liked that they celebrated one of his classmates birthdays with cupcakes and milk. He said is was 'HIS' birthday. Oh well, only one more month. He recited the poem and showed me his picture of a mouse and a clock on the way home. Right before naptime he told me I was his best friend ever. It was great. In spite of the frustrating defiance that comes with a toddler because he is trying to be so independent, I love his brain and all the things he comes up with these days.

No comments: