Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Have Hair Problems? Call Joshua!

Joshua was patting Mira's head a dinner tonight and said, 'If I pet her head like this, it will make her hair get BIG.' If that's all it took, we could market his magic hands to the hair club for men!

We had been very busy AND THEN the whole house came down with a stomach bug. Mira started it out and I didn't realize it. Then Sunday morning at 7:30 I started and thought it was morning sickness that thought vanished quickly as I was on and off sick every 30-60 min until 3 and again at 6. Jason started in next and then Joshua. When I called the dr she said, 'Don't eat anything, it will just come back out.' We were a mess. None of us are up to speed yet and we are trying to get enough food in with just a bland diet but everyone has at least returned to a functioning level. At 4 on Sunday I called out the door to my neighbors who were visiting outside and passed Mira off to them with a few diapers until her bedtime at 7. She was just wondering around the house and no one was really able to care for her. Unfortunately, she managed to infect two other people in two different households. Typhoid Mira.

So, in trying to explain this illness to Joshua I said there was a bug or a virus in our blood that was making us sick. Later that day he asked if I still had 'Spiders in my blood pressure' it is interesting what his brain translates to!

We are still working on getting the house and everything ready for our guests and Mira's first birthday party on Sunday. It would have been impossible if my parents had not come out Monday and stayed until this evening. They took care of us and cleaned the house. Amazing. Things may not be exactly as I had envisioned them but the house is clean and the important stuff is getting done and that is going to have to be enough, this time.

No comments: