Saturday, January 31, 2009

11 weeks down

I haven't journalled much of this pregnancy. I guess the idea is the less I count the days the faster they will go and the sooner I will be out of this yucky stage. The days have been long. I am exhausted all the time and generally nauseated. But I have not thrown up. I just have to eat constantly whether I feel like it or not and that keeps the major sick feelings at bay. I hope that by next week it will start to fade.

I am definitely gaining weight (whether water, bloating or otherwise!) my belly is getting chubby less where the baby is growing than I think where the food is going. Mira's pediatrician suggested weighing myself on an accurate scale once a week to be sure that I continue to gain consistently since there are 3 of us relying on my body right now! So rather than invest in an expensive scale I think I will just see if my primary care physician will let me us his once a week.

I tried a new endocrinologist this past week. My thyroid numbers are high right now but she changed my medication to bring them down. She seems like a good fit so far and I like that she doesn't need me to come in to the office just to review bloodwork, the office is in town (not 30 min away) and she seemed to hear what I was saying & asking. So hopefully this will go well.

So, we are in the third month and almost to the end of the first trimester. I am looking forward to the fun parts of pregnancy: growing belly, feeling great and duh the BABY in the end. I have to remind myself that there really isn't anything we need to be doing right now. We don't need clothes or a room or any baby things this time around so it is just 'business as usual' for a while. Oh and by the way I am pretty sure I have felt a 'flutter' or two :-)

No comments: