Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Mother's Day

I think I had the best Mother's Day yet! The day started with well... not starting! I didn't have to get out of bed. It was great. Jason let me sleep in and went downstairs to prepare a delicious breakfast in bed for me with Joshua's help. He made french toast out of raisin bread topped with powdered sugar and sliced strawberries on the side he had bacon and grapes. He even made fresh squeezed oj. My day could have stopped there! I ate and enjoyed the breeze rustling the leaves on the tree outside our bedroom window. When I finally, at the urging of Joshua, wondered downstairs I found that Joshua (with Jason's help) had made a fantastic card for me. It was great.

We prepared for the Mother's Day Tea next. Family arrived around 1pm and we enjoyed sandwiches, tea and other treats until 3 or 4. After that we vegged in while the kids watched 'The Secret of Nim'. We had dinner out at a local 'home-cooking' type restaurant. We put the kids to bed and watched an episode of Heros and that was the day. It was great!

Joshua has one more day of preschool left for the year until fall. He is really looking forward to the picnic. I don't know what I am going to do during preschool time! I've really come to depend on those 2 days, 2.5 hours each week to get things done!

I have another OB check up tomorrow. I am 27 weeks along now. The ticker says that the baby is probably 2.5 pounds! Baby Tres is such a mover and shaker. I had a massage on Saturday morning and the massuse, who also was a doula, said she had never seen a baby move so much! I am really getting excited. It isn't much longer now and I am so looking forward to meet this little one. Lots to do to prepare, well not really, just lots of projects that I think we ought to finish before he/she arrives.

Mira has become MUCH more demanding recently. She is testing to see what screaming gets her, um...nothing, and gets VERY upset when I leave the house or her. Even when she is with Daddy. But thankfully this passes within a few minutes.

No comments: