Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Speech

Mira is really catching on with communication and is adding new words every day. She woke up the other day and looked out the window then made the sign for 'bird'. The birds were chirping loudly outside so that made lots of sense! She nods her head for yes and shakes her head for no. She says 'peek a boo'. She is coming along with the potty, too and we can get through most days on two diapers. She uses them at nap time. If she is nakey butt she will take herself to the little potty we keep in the main area of the house. If we are out and about, I will just try her on the potty when we make stops. It is going great and I have ordered some training pants to make the process go a little easier.

Joshua is coming to the end of his first year in preschool. He has been letting me leave without a fuss about every other time. This Thursday is a Mother's Day tea and I can't wait. All he will tell me is that, 'I can't tell you it is a surprise'. He has been more involved and social recently. I think that a new friend is helping. He has latched on to the most social girl in the class. What a match!

Baby Tres is now at 25 weeks! Welcome to the third trimester. Time is flying by. I am just now starting with heart burn. But if that is my only complaint, I am happy. I still feel pretty good and energetic. I sometimes have trouble sleeping but nothing too bad. Jason and I are getting away to a bed and breakfast at the beginning of June with his and hers massages and two nights of uninterrupted sleep! I can't wait. It will be a nice break from this LONG semester of PhD classwork.

Off to bake some bread!

No comments: