Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Day

Today was one of those rare perfect afternoons. The whole day, actually, was pretty good. It started off well with the children getting up around 7. It is always a good day when I can get dressed before we head downstairs for breakfast and today I did. There were several chores that I needed to complete and I was able to, even with the kids 'helping'. Before lunch we drove to the dairy for groceries. It was already very nice weather out so the children ran a bit in the field outside the dairy and were relatively well behaved inside. Aside from meat and milk we picked up a quart of our favorite ice cream, 'dirt'. At lunch Joshua and Mira both ate well: meatballs, quinoa, brocolli and ice cream for dessert. Naps, were... naps... but we moved on and after the quiet time we spent the rest of the day outside exploring the backyard, running races and then taking a walk around the nearest streets in our neighborhood. We came in and washed the mud off with baths and pj's and now it is time to get ready to make dinner. The sun has almost set. I am not making dinner yet because I fear the nightly screaming battle that usually ensues when I turn on the stove just letting this moment linger a little while longer.

No comments: