Thursday, April 23, 2009

Breaking Through

Joshua and Mira both had great break throughs before we even had lunch today. At preschool, Joshua's teacher is asking more of him each class. She is judging whether he is truly having a problem (and being hesitant) or if he is just being stubborn. So last week Joshua would not wear a smock and therefore could not paint with the other children. This week, the teacher insisted but found a different style of smock for Joshua to wear. He still wouldn't put it on and paint. She just kept re-iterating, 'After you paint, you can go outside to play.' Finally, he sighed as if giving up, put on the smock and PAINTED! Wahoo! Next week she plans to ask him to dance with the other children. This is something he has resisted doing all year. I can't wait to hear the result.

Mira has been working on getting to the potty. So, today while we were out I took the potty with us and offered it to her periodically. She was dry ALL morning. Yesterday we only used two diapers. I am so excited. She doesn't like to go poo on the potty but catching pees is great. I know that she will have a set back when the baby is born. Even Joshua did and he was almost a year older but at least we are heading toward diaper freedom. I just don't need two in diapers at once!! I think I'd have to go back to disposables if that happens.

Strangers have been asking me questions about being pregnant. That is always my big sign that I am 'showing'. Guess it happened a whole lot sooner this time. Seems like I've 'popped' in the last week or so.

No comments: