Tuesday, September 08, 2009

The Morning

The alarm goes off at 7am...and by alarm I mean Josh and Mira come running into the room. This is not a bad thing. They both have slept in. As I roll over, still groggy from the night before of E awake sleepy only 2 hours, I hear M say 'pee-pee' and the sound of one diaper side being removed. I sit bolt upright in bed but can't see without my glasses.

"Josh, did she poop? Is it poopy? Say yes or no!"

"Yes," he answers. I carefully place E in her crib and run to where M, her poopy diaper, and poop (on the floor) are. I get M cleaned up and start cleaning the floor. But in the meantime, Mira has gotten into an open medicine cabinet and pulled out cough syrup to play with. I put Josh on the job of closing and locking the cabinet. He does it.

"I got this from her," Joshua says as he hands me the tylonal that had been sitting on my bedside table but that M had found and was playing with. E is, by this point, screaming her head off in her crib. I put the tylonal away and get back to the poop.

The poop is cleaned up, I go to retrieve E to calm her. M is sitting on the bed with my thyroid medicine bottle... it is empty. I put the older kids back in their room and try to determine if M has eaten any or if they just fell. I find one of the two leftover pills. I go to retrieve the older children and enlist their help. Joshua finds the 2nd pill while I change E's diaper. Mira helps me wipe E and J whines that he didn't get to help wipe.

We start going downstairs and find that the cat has knocked over the flowers on the counter and soaked the pack and play we normally put E in in the kitchen. I find another receptacle for E, get J & M milk and go to the task of cleaning up the pack and play. E starts crying, again, I make breakfast, pick her up, nurse her and all is quiet... for now.

1 comment:

Carol Ann said...

What a morning!! As so not fun as it was, it was a funny read. I hope your day gets better!