Wednesday, January 07, 2009

The End of Christmas the beginning of a new year

We arrived home last evening after a long day of travel that started before the sun came up and ended after the sun went down. The kids did reasonably well but today will be the start of getting back on routine minus sugar and tv. I'm thinking the fruit snacks and juice box that Josh ate for breakfast yesterday may not be the breakfast of champions.

It is good to be home in spite of the empty fridge which will have to be corrected quickly. Mira is up with me now as I write this post and Joshua is sleeping in. Hopefully we will get a little nap in before he wakes up. I've got lack of nap yesterday and jet lag on my side.

Mira's vocabulary continues to expand and now includes 'no' which comes out more like 'doh' and 'meow', 'arf', 'ow' and 'uh-oh'. While getting ready to go yesterday morning (at 4:30 am) I asked Joshua if he was having a hard time keeping his eyes open. He said, 'No, I am having a hard time keeping my eyes closed!' He was so excited to ride the plane and fell asleep only moments before we touched down in Baltimore then start straight up with an excited, 'DID WE LAND!' Joshua is certainly a creature of routine and I am looking forward to getting him back on track to hopefully correct some of his crazy behavior. He was becoming quite unruly by the end of our trip with hitting, spitting, running around and just general no listening.

Alright, it is back to bed for Mira and me. Wish me luck!

No comments: