Saturday, January 10, 2009

I LOVE Target

Today Mira finally received the high chair she needed since she has been standing up in the portable high chair/booster we had her in. The new chair has a 5-point harness and is stand alone. Target had all their baby gear on sale half price so we got the chair for $35.

Then I couldn't pass up the sit and stand stroller they also had on sale. I've been looking at them and the price was right. We assembled everything and took the kids for a walk after lunch. Joshua loved the freedom of being able to sit forwards or backwards or stand. Mira loved being able to see everything and I loved that they were contained!

I picked up a number of other things, too. The sales were just great and I like to stock up on gifts for the nieces and nephews while I can get good bargains.

I also had a fantastic talk with Aunt Jacque today. She gave me a number of ideas to try with Joshua since discipline again has not been working. It has helped being home and back on our regular schedule but Jason and I have again been feeling like we are at our wit's end. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely adore my son. He says the funniest and sweetest things and can be VERY kind but he also has an intense personality and can be VERY difficult to manage in the next second.

We enjoyed dinner with Ron, Christine and the kids on Friday evening. Mira impressed them with her tricks, saying 'ow' when she bumped her head, meowing, saying 'uh-oh' when she dropped anything, smiling, running around the house and just being her cute self. Josh and Val enjoyed flying their new planes. Yana tried to stay out of Joshua's reach, the dogs played together, Jason and Ron chatted non stop and Christine and I of course enjoyed our time, too. We even had a surprise visit from Godfather in his new Lotus.

1 comment:

Carol Ann said...

I bought the deluxe sit-n-stand in August and I LOVE IT!!! Mine has the second actual seat that can convert to the bench for Hayley. Heavier, yes, and it takes some getting used to, but for ease of use and peace of mind it is wonderful!!! :) We should get together in White Marsh sometime and just walk with the kids.