Monday, July 13, 2009

Anatomy

Joshua has taken a new found interest in anatomy. This anatomy thing goes in spurts. He has always been interested in how things work, now more than ever before. That interest seems to grow as his age progresses. He understands now that there are boys and there are girls and is trying to figure out what exactly the differences are. So on that theme he has been asking lately where my penis is. And when I explain that since I am a girl I don't have one. He then moves on to, 'But how does your pee-pee come out?' I am sure if given the chance he would truly appreciate a visual on just how my pee-pee comes out but since that is not going to happen I am left with explaining in words. Oh joy. If I don't answer fast enough he starts asking questions, which if we were not talking about such a sensitive area, would be interesting and appropriate to post here on the blog. But, let's just leave it at they are thorough questions, well thought out and show a good sense of deductive reasoning.

This leads us to another similar topic, the day that Joshua discovered his testicles. He was so interested and came running with his hand in his pants saying, 'Feel what I have here in my penis!' I asked that he just show me what he was talking about and when I saw it was clear. He was rubbing one of his testicles between his fingers. And of course, this conversation couldn't happen on a weekend or in the evening when Daddy is home to rescue me. It had to happen on a work day at breakfast or lunch (I can't remember). 'What is inside there Mommy?' he asks again. I told him those were his testicles. 'Do you have teticles?' was the next logical question, of course, and the rest of the conversation we will leave out but let's just say I've been doing a lot of explaining recently.

1 comment:

nancy said...

I hope you have a boy as you handled that so well. Cute story Nettie, thank you for sharing. He sure is cutie pie. They both are.