Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Growing Up

As the arrival of Baby Tres approaches we have been working on the necessary preparations including a little switching around of rooms. We put together a bed and dresser and now Joshua has room for Mira in his room. His bed is actually a bunk bed so whenever the kids are old enough we will bunk his and Mira's beds and whichever gender we end up having two of will room together. I've been preparing the nursery with clothes washing and closet emptying and all that jazz.

Mira is getting to move into Joshua's room a little earlier than expected and we are taking strides each evening to get her used to her soon to be 'new' bed. The first night we just got dressed in that room, then we added stories, next was a little snuggle time, and tonight she actually rested in her bed while Joshua had his story in his bed. We moved her before she fell asleep because she was upset when I got up to leave and let her drift off. She is so tiny in that big twin bed!! I have a couple of 'your new bed' types of books but I think she is still too young for the concept to sink in. The first night (at least!) that she is in there all night I think Jason or I will sleep in the room with her just in case she decides to get up or is startled by her new surroundings. I think it is less of a question of if she is ready than are we?

No comments: