Monday, August 03, 2009

Stuff and Nonsense

Joshua, Mira and I ran errands this morning and lo and behold I am sure my blood pressure is normal! They both did great and we are finishing up with lunch now. Then on to stories and naps. They are both probably loving mommy pregnant time right now since they are enjoying ice cream with lunch :-)

Joshua is recovering from a bout of asthma induced coughing. He was really bad last week to the point where I was amazed he had time to eat food between coughs. We started him on the nebulizer, took him to the dr and then treated him twice a day with his albuterol. He is doing a lot better and the coughing is only sporadic at this point. Joshua's behavior has improved with our parenting regroup from a couple of weeks ago now. We spend time playing one on one with him for 15 min intervals throughout the day (we try for 4) and also get him outside to exercise at least 2 30 min at a time. It seems to be working. The play time seems to be like an investment and the outside time is just necessary so that we don't pull our hair out when he starts getting hyper.

Mira is a bit of a terror right now with climbing EVERYWHERE and hanging off of things. It is hard to make even our safe places safe for her. She has added 'snack' to her list of words. It is African sounding: A nasally 'na' followed by her clicking her tongue.

I have only 16 more days left. I would be surprised to make it two more weeks but weirder things have happened. The baby is moving like crazy and has dropped pretty low. A lot of people are guessing boy so I guess we need to think about a boy name again. I got a couple of books from the library. Before Joshua & Mira I had contractions that built up and tapered off in the days before delivery. So, I guess I will look for that sign again. Everything for the baby is pretty much done. The basement playroom is starting to finally take shape and I am feeling a lot more comfortable with the prospect of bringing baby home. Labor, of course, still is not a pleasant thought.

No comments: