Monday, March 16, 2009

1 week out

It has been 1 week since Mira's surgery and she is doing great. She has managing to keep this third bandage on just fine and we are mostly able to keep it clean. She uses her hand a lot and has not complained at all about any discomfort. We will go tomorrow and have the bandage and stitches removed. Joshua is going, too so we will see his opinion of the whole thing. I think he is curious as long as whatever is happening is not happening to him.

Mira finally got her 2nd top front tooth in today. So that completes 4 on the bottom and 4 on the top. I think she can take a break now :-) 6 teeth in about a month is enough for Mommy!

Baby Tres is a little gymnast and is already moving around a lot. I am almost to 18 weeks and am getting kicked regularly. I even felt one from the outside the other night. I have an OB appointment on Monday and a thyroid appointment Friday of next week so I went for my blood draw today. I hope my numbers are better this time. I am pretty sure my weight is up. I've been checking it and by my scale I have gained 5 pounds. So that is good news. Now that the weather is starting to warm up I've been getting out with the kids, Jason, Jack (whomever will join me!) to walk when I can. I can't believe how out of shape I am! I guess a winter of sitting around trying not to be sick all day will do that to you. Other than that, YES I am taking it easy! I nap with the kids pretty much every day and do only the stuff necessary for taking care of them or the house. I wonder now if I didn't have contractions throughout my pregnancy with Joshua and just not realize it. I have already been feeling some this time around.

The basement playroom we have been working on is coming along well. We are almost done with the drywall and spackling and ready to move on to the painting stage. I can't wait! We are really trying to thin things out in the process and that has been a great motivator, too.

No comments: