Saturday, March 07, 2009

Busy Week & Preparations

So the week started out at 8 degrees with 7.5 inches of snow and now today it is going to be 68 and sunshine. Doesn't seem possible! I hope that we are able to get out and enjoy the lovely weather. I hear there is some rain on the forecast for tomorrow but as long as it is warm, I don't care!

On Tuesday, Mira had her pre-op appointment for her surgery this Monday. That went fine. It was mostly paperwork. She did get weighed and measured though and she is STILL too tiny to turn her carseat around. She only weighs 18 lb 12 oz (needs to weigh 20 lb) and is 28 inches tall.

On Wednesday we mostly stayed in. Tuesday and Thursday tend to be our big running around days since we are already out for Joshua's preschool.

On Thursday, Mira had her first big blood test and did great. She just watched the whole time while the technicians and I sang to her. She didn't flinch when the needle went in and she didn't cry or fuss one bit. It was amazing. I had to wait until later in the day to have her x-ray done when Jason was home.

On Friday we had story time at the library and then Joshua's dr. appointment. We were able to get outside and play since the temperature was in the 50's. Jack took advantage and ran away. So we had to get him back. Thankfully Staci and Alex (our neighbors) were able to chase him down.

I have been giving Mira a chance to go potty on the training potty and she is doing great. Earlier in the week I was sitting her on it and asking her to go potty. Then within a day or two of that I could tell she was actually trying to go when I asked. So I took a risk and yesterday morning I let her run around without any pants on. She took herself to the potty by herself all morning and didn't have one accident. She went poopy on the potty later that day and today we are trying again. I am so proud of her! I think we will keep this up for a week and then I am going to see if I can get her to start telling me. It is so much fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No rush to turn her seat around anyhow. Emily will rear-face till she is too tall/heavy for her seat requirements. Watch this video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2DVfqFhseo