Sunday, March 22, 2009

Signing

Mira had her first significant temper tantrum. She really likes phones of all kinds and got into a pretty big huff when I needed our house phone to call for pizza on Friday afternoon. She went into a screaming fit and was REALLY mad. It was the second time I needed a phone that she had on Friday and neither time was pretty.

We picked up a video of babies doing sign language for Mira to watch. I've noticed that she likes to follow along with Joshua's videos and will mimic or do what the characters are asking so I figured it was worth a shot. She did 'please' yesterday and that was on the video only she signed it on my body instead of hers. It was very sweet.

The weather was warmish today. Almost 60 and sunny. We spent a lot of time playing outside to take advantage of it. This evening we compiled a potluck bbq dinner with our neighbors. Jack was in his glory since he also got a playdate with their dog Rori. Joshua enjoyed having Staci and Stephanie (and the dogs) to chase and play with. I know he has sad some great things recently and I just can't remember them right now.

Tomorrow is a checkup with the ob. I am 18.5 weeks now and things seem to be moving along rather well. Today we had Omar, Arnoldo and Tio Jose over helping us work on finishing the basement playroom. It is almost ready to paint! Oh and I got to play 'plumber' when I went to clean the traps in Jason's and my sinks and ended up having to replace the pipes under my sink. So much for saving myself some time!

No comments: