Monday, December 05, 2011

Evie Dec 2010

Josh Dec 2010

Stephanie & Mira Dec 2010
I love going back and remembering and reflecting on how much the children have changed.  It is amazing how long 365 days is to a child. In Evelyn's case it was almost half her life! 

Yesterday, I specifically did not write.  I have reserved this blog to reflect only on the positive moments with the children.  Yesterday I certainly had some amazing moments which I will share but I also had one terrible, potentially life changing moment, never to be relived moment that clouded my ability to write about all the rest.  Everyone is alive and healthy and the issue is being handled but it was scary and today has been a sad one knowing what could have happened and understanding the disappointing choice my child made.

This is the 2nd Sunday we made it to church.  The girls both went to Sunday School and participated.  They were happy to go and didn't fuss when I returned to the sanctuary with Josh for the sermon.  Joshua asked to return to the church and sit with me in the service.  He was a star!  We took communion and he also partook for the first time.  I am so thankful to have shared that moment with Josh and to have had the opportunity to begin explaining communion to him.  It was a special moment.

Josh was also my helper when it came time to run errands yesterday.  He was a good listener and errands went well with his help.  We went to Cyndi & Howard's for pizza dinner and the kids enjoyed the Polar Express.  They love going there and miss it if we don't make it over for our weekly dinner.

Today, Mira and Josh had school.  Mira was so sweet.  She arrived and her buddy Owen had not yet made it to school yet.  You could see she was disappointed.  But then, just as I was leaving in Owen walked.  Mira's face lit up.  She loves playing with her friend Owen.

The girls have plowed through the yogurt we made together the other day.  Looks like we'll be making another batch this week.  I am appreciating lunches that do not consist of pb&j.  So, today we had yogurt with blueberries & waffles.  Dinner went well tonight, too since the kids love meatballs and we had a noodle & meat ball dinner.  They even asked for seconds (not cookies) after we returned from the store.

We had to pick up new shoes for Josh whose shoes were literally falling apart.  He was very thoughtful in the store and contemplated all his choices.  He made comments like, "This is a tough choice."  "I want to pick ones that are cool."  It was cute to see him mulling over just the right shoes.  In the end, he picked ones that were black with orange and had lights on the bottom.  I praised him on his good choice and you could see he was proud.

Evelyn is continuing in her signing career. Mostly with... 'Sing with me! A .. B... C...D.'  She loves to sing especially with company!  The kids all played outside with Stephanie this evening until it was too dark to be outside anymore.  Evie didn't want to come in.  She was having too much fun playing outside, I love that attitude!

Mira explained to Evelyn that the figure she was holding was a princESS not a prince (as Evelyn was calling it) because, "Princesses have eyelashes. Princess wear handsome clothes.  Princesses wear beautiful dresses."  Sorry boys, no eyelashes for you!

No comments: