Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Josh took care of three chores this morning.  He is making progress.  I love when they happen without complaining.

Although I do not like the kids waking up at 6am, which they did this morning, I do love their little snuggly bodies in bed with me, in the dark, listening to the rain.  I just want to capture and savor those moments forever.

Evelyn had her first dentist appointment this morning and she was a star!  She was excited to get a balloon and showed no hesitation at getting up in the chair, opening her mouth and having her teeth cleaned.  What a relief.  She was really proud of herself, too!

Evie is my big hugger when it comes to friends but Mira today gave her classmate a wonderful hug goodbye and it was such a sweet moment.

Our advent reading tonight was about the little drummer boy. The bible verse was, 'It is better to give than to receive.'  So, the children made a list of friends and family they wanted to give gifts, too.  I was so pleased with the list they came up with.  Next, they came up with gifts we could make for our recipients.  It was touching how thoughtful they were and we are all looking forward to our gift making before Christmas!

I brought out the box of Christmas books and movies tonight.  The girls just dug in and  started reading.  Evie used the box as a bed once the books were emptied out.   Tonight's movie was, "How the Grinch Stole Christmas"

Joshua read from the book, "Curious George Makes Pancakes" tonight.  He is looking forward to our reading time now and is sad if he misses it.




No comments: