Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween

 If I forever have the image of Evelyn bopping down the sidewalk, every inch of toule and her shimmery, blond hair bouncy it wouldn't be a day too long.  The kids had a fantastic time trick or treating.  I was happily surprised to see that nearly all of our neighbors were open to receive trick or treaters.  In years past we have hit every other house, at best.  But this year it took an hour just to walk the four streets that intersect and make up our immediate neighborhood.  Their halloween baskets were all filled up and they did a great job of saying, "Trick or Treat!" and "Thank You."

We had a fun time before dinner building foam Halloween houses that I picked up in kits last year.  I had to bring out the glue gun to get them together but they turned out really cool.

Mira and Josh both had great days at school today.  Josh was so excited to see so many of his classmates out trick or treating tonight.  He simply heard one of his friends and knew just who it was! Mira was waiting for Josh to come home so she could give him hugs.  He pushed her away but I love that she is wanting to be around him. I hope he recognizes how nice that is before she gives up trying.

"Don't I look boo-fafull?" asks Evelyn.

No comments: