Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Looking Back

Joshua & Mira October 2010
I love looking back to see how far we've come in a year.  Evelyn last October was walking but she was only 1 year and two months old.  She hardly had any hair and for Halloween we dressed her as a scare crow.  The same costume was used by Joshua and Noella.  Mira was a fairy princess and Joshua was a dinosaur.  Today I finished our Halloween costume search by finding a butterfly store at Twice As Nice (a kids consignment shop) and ordering Josh a dragonoid costume online.  We'll be all set for the upcoming Halloween parties and trick or treating.
Evie Oct 2010

All the kids have taken a liking to brushing my hair.  Sometimes it gets to be a bit of a competition as to who is going to brush but as long as they don't get physical, I love the attention!  I just have to remember when my head is full of sparkly barrettes!

Joshua had two cavities filled at the dentist today.  He did amazing.  He didn't want laughing gas but he did just fine and sat so still.  He didn't cry at all even though there was a moment I thought he was going to loose it. We praised him all day for his huge accomplishment.  I hope this will translate into an easier Doctor's appointment.

Seeing Evie go to Josh to give him hugs and having him accept those hugs and be gentle and kind to her was a hightlight of the day.  Enjoy breakfast with only Mira up was a treat.  She can be so sweet and say especially nice things.    She earned three golden nuggests for our time out running errands this morning.

Mira didn't have school today but wanted it.  She LOVES school.  She likes to play a game outside with m where I go into 'prisoner', she feeds my pretend food and combs my hair.  Silly girl.





No comments: