Monday, October 24, 2011

I Pledge Allegiance...

For a while now, Miss Joan, Mira's preschool teacher has been trying to get me to hear Mira say the pledge of allegiance. They said it was her booming voice and baby affect that made her speech so compelling.  So today I stayed at preschool and helped out the teachers just so I could hear Mira.  First of all, it was a pleasure just to see her playing with her friends.  She got right into playing and didn't care that I was there.  In fact she told me, 'Mommy, why are you staying? I don't need you here.'  I had to fib, thank you Miss Pam, that Miss Joan needed my help cutting out papers for crafts.  Mira was satisfied with this answer and went back to playing. 

I video taped Mira at circle time.  She was the weather-girl this morning but I am not sure right now how to get that from my phone to you.  She was sweet and decided the weather today was cool and windy but still a good day for playing outside.  Then the children said the pledge.  She jumped around she was so excited and then she said it along with Miss Joan in her amazinly booming voice, mispronounced words and baby affect.  It was priceless.

When Joshua gets off the bus, he runs as fast as he can from the bus stop to our house.  He tries to make it home before the bus has left the street corner.  All the while, he has a huge smile on his face.

I love when the children climb into my lap to snuggle. I know it is hard to get things done when this happens but not everyone gets to cuddle with their kids while they work.  It certainly causes problems when the phone rings but for the most part they are moderately quiet.  Their snuggliness is just delicious.  At various points througout today I had each one of my children in my lap.

No comments: