Saturday, November 12, 2011

Children hold their mother's hands for just a little while...

My special moment today was with Evelyn. We had gone into the bathroom at the community college where Mira has preschool in order to wash Evie's hands.  They were sticky from a lollipop, her favorite treat.  She stepped up on the step stool to reach the sink and I saw her and I in the reflection in the mirror.  I enclosed her little hands in mine and lathered them with soap.  In our reflection, she only came up to my waist, even standing on a stepstool.  For as big as my little Evie seems sometimes and as mature as she appears; she is still just my little 2 yr old baby girl whose hands fit completely and perfectly in my own, who needs a step stool to reach the water.

Jason spotted the bright 'star' to the right of the moon tonight.  I called Joshua back outside to see it.  And that moment of showing him Jupiter, knowing that we were looking at an entire massive planet so far away, was magical.

Mira devoured the pumpkin muffin that I made for everyone tonight.  I think it took her 4 bites.  She loves to draw and today she drew me a picture of Rapunzel.  At naptime we looked at the little polly pocket sized Disney Princesses that are online that match the ones she has.   It was fun having her point and exclaim, 'That one mommy!' She was especially excited to see the princes since right now we play that one of the more masculine looking girl dolls is actually a prince.

No comments: