Wednesday, November 09, 2011

November 9, 2011

Guess who was thrilled to receive a birthday gift from Grandma and Papa?  Joshie!  He LOVED getting Cars 2 and Jungle Book.  We watched Cars 2 for movie night tonight.  Joshie said he liked it better than the first one.  I often comment when the kids are good eaters.  More and more it applies to Josh, who was not a great eater when he first started eating solid foods.  But I spend a lot of time and put a lot of love into the meals that I prepare for the kids and when they eat readily and happily it is an affirmation for me that I am doing well by them.  Tonight's soup was a a hit.  Soup is something Joshua likes a lot.

Mira was having a few less than stellar moments this evening.  But she had a great rest of the day.  She was so excited to celebrate her friend, Amanda's, birthday at school with cupcakes and juice.  We did cuddle during the movie and she drew a great family picture tonight. Her hair is, of course, curly.  Evie's is straight and Josh is wearing stripes.  Mommy and Daddy are a princess and prince and they are holding hands.

Evelyn has been asserting more that she is, "Evie Joy".  I guess she wants us to settle on a name. Mira and Josh often call her "Joy Joy."  She is the toddler of many names. :-)  She was my little helper on errands today and I treated her to a cinnamon roll at Panera.  She likes to bury herself in her covers and thinks it is really funny to do so.  She really has a great sense of humor and shows it off whenever she can.


No comments: