Sunday, November 20, 2011

It was a beautiful fall day today and any other day like this I would have taken the kids outside to play.  Joshua was begging for it.  But, we've been making all sorts of efforts to have our kitchen remodel finished by Thanksgiving and we are so close!  Jason and I spent the day working together to tile the kitchen.  I think my favorite days of my life are those that we spending working or doing something together and today was no exception. 

The children were unexpectedly well behaved today.  They got up this morning and went downstairs to play quietly on their own.  We were able to sleep in until 7:45am!  Absolutely amazing.  Then they played nicely with each other all morning while we worked, Josh even made himself a pb&j sandwich for lunch.  Evelyn napped and we did our afternoon naptime routine.  Joshua opted to clean the living room up and then watch tv instead of laying down for a rest.  He did a fantastic job.  Mira didn't stay upstairs for her nap, she snuck down to be with Josh but they played well again.  After Evie woke up it wasn't too long before we finished things and headed to the Carpenters for pizza dinner.

After dinner at our neighbor's I brought the kids home and put them to bed.  Mira and Josh took turns brushing my hair.

It was truly refreshing today to have the children play without even asking for tv for the majority of the day.  I loved their pampering at bedtime.  It was sad to have to say no but I appreciated Josh wanting to go outside to play and that Mira wanted a snuggle buddy while watching tv.  Just about any other moment I would have said yes.  I don't usually put things off but TOMORROW we will play outside, snuggle & read; and do those things that the kids wanted to do today.

No comments: