Sunday, November 13, 2011

November 13, 2011

Tio Omar and his buddy, Josh
 The kids slept in today!  What joy!  We had pancakes this morning, always a favorite and then before lunch Tio Omar, Tia Amy, Stephanie and Noella came over for a play date. The kids played outside for hours today.  They are such great friends.
The girls pretending to be statues

Operating on the Giraffe








We put on Cars 2 for the kids to watch in the afternoon.  Josh and the adults ended up watching the majority of the movie.  The girls headed back outside to run and play and pretend some more.

Earlier in the day, Josh worked on his math game online and unlocked a new section.  He has to solve problems that may be addition or subtraction, pretty tricky!  At bed he read with Daddy for 20 min!

I stepped outside for a moment while the girls were 'operating' on Stephanie's giraffe.  Mira asked Stephanie what her giraffe's name was and Stephanie replied, 'Chocolate Chip.' Mira retorted, "He is just 'Chocolate' now, ummmm." As if the operation failed and now he were an edible giraffe? 

Evelyn had a silly game of hide and seek with Daddy and Mira this evening while Joshie and I ran errands for groceries.  Daddy and Mira hid while Evie wandered around, "Daddy...Daddy where are you? ... I wonder were he could be..."  At one point before lunch, Evelyn just curled up in my lap on the couch.  I didn't get up.  I just enjoyed her baby body all snuggled in my arms.  When it was time for me to make lunch, Evelyn snuggled into a blanket and pillow on the couch for a while.  Is she my snuggle bunny?  "No, I'm Evelyn!" she replies.

No comments: