Tuesday, November 15, 2011

November 15, 2011

Today I visited Joshie's school for Education Week.  Memaw came along, too, to observe.  His teacher is very energetic.  I was please to see him completing all the tasks she asked for and raising his hand to participate.  He sat next to his buddy, Kyle, when they read their sight words books.  He did a great job!

Mira and Evie got to spend the morning with Grandad.  They played pretend and ate jello, yum!

Mira started my day with this fabulous statement, "I just have a cold. That why my boogers aren't going in right. Girls always have colds and sometimes they don't."  Don't you just love kid logic?

When Josh got home from school he had a snack and then Alex came over and took the kids outside to play.  I worked with a friend's son on Trig homework.  Really had to dust off those brain cells!  The kids were really great tonight and when it came time for bed, they turned off the games (Josh had earned time to play Wii) and headed right upstairs to get ready.  They were all finished by the time I got up there and so we had lots of time to talk to Daddy, read "Tumtum and Nutmeg" and snuggle.  Joshua read to me 10 minutes.  He really likes the Usborne Readers where he reads the top sentence on the page and I read the bottom.

Evie on a daily basis is pleasant, eats her food and plays nicely.  She does climb a bit too much for my liking but at age two, I kind of expect it. She sang ABC's for Memaw and Grandad and continues to ask for my to sing Lullabye to her.  I love laying on her pillow at nap and night time singing to her.  She always asks, 'Mommy, sleep?' but I can't stay.  Chores and children beckon. 

I promised the kids that one night we would get ready for bed, and snuggle up on my bed to watch a movie and fall asleep.  I can't wait for that!

No comments: